For a number of years, NYS AHPERD has been advocating with the New York State (NYS) legislature to approve a budget request, made by the commissioner of education, to fill the position of Associate in Health Education at the New York State Education Department.
This position has been vacant for 13 years causing a leadership void and the need to update the health education learning standards that are now 27 years old.
Health educators across NYS need and deserve to have the leadership the Associate in Health Education would provide.
On Thursday, May 11, 2023, NYS AHPERD is planning an advocacy THUNDERCLAP to communicate this message to Commissioner Rosa & Members of the Board of Regents.
WE NEED AS MANY NY'ERS TO PARTICIPATE AS POSSIBLE!
Directions on how to particpate in the thunderclap can be found to the right, please take the time to familiarize yourself with the steps so you are ready to participate first thing on May 11th!
Directions to Participate
- Visit www.nysahperd.org
- Click on the Take Action Banner at the top of the homepage
- This will take you to our NYS AHPERD Advocacy Page
- Click on the Take Action banner along the top
- This will take you to our pre-written letter
- Scroll to the bottom of the pre-written letter
- Enter your name, email and any personal message you would like to add
- Click the black SEND EMAIL BUTTON