Click the purple buttons below for more information.
Since 1924 we have had eighty-two presidents, 51 have been men and 31 have been women. Six of our NYS AHPERD presidents also served as presidents of the Eastern District Association and one served as president of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. Our presidents serve a three-year term as president-elect, president and past president. The president guides the executive council in terms of association policies and member services.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors shall be responsible for the financial and legal matters of the Association. Voting members are the president, president-elect, past resident, and 6 members-at-large. Non-Voting members include the executive director and the treasurer. These are three-year terms and the board meets five times annually unless additional meetings are required to conduct the business of the association. Financial stability is the foundation upon which a membership service organization grows.
The executive council's primary responsibility is to establish policies, other than legal and financial, which pertain to the annual conference, membership, activities of the Zones and Sections, publications, including amendments and revisions to the By-Laws and Operating Codes. The 29-member council consists of 11 Zone presidents, 16 Section presidents, 1 future professional president-elect, and a secretary. These are two-year terms and the council meets five times annually.
Central Office Staff
The central office staff is comprised of an Executive Director, the Director of Professional Development & Human Resources, the Zone and Projects Manager, the Financial Manager, an Administrative Assistant, and a Computer and Website Specialist. This dedicated team is committed to providing quality service to our members in a delightful manner, always with the members best interest at heart. Our office is located at 77 North Ann Street, Little Falls, New York. Dedicated in April 2001 the property is situated in the historic corridor of the city.